A while ago, I was working on a tutorial for Green Screen and an idea hit me. I wanted to create a project where each person created one part of a story and another would then create the next part. This idea grew into the Green Screen Story Creation Challenge. I’m challenging any educator or classroom to make the next chapter in the adventures of my Perler Bead Pirate Duck and his encounter with a set of Google Apps for Education. The challenge works like this:
- You have to create the next logical piece to this story. It can’t be more than 30 seconds long.
- You must use Green Screen for the next chapter. I used Doink’s Green Screen and Animation Apps with mine, but you don’t have to use them. There are many Green Screen/Chroma Key Apps from Touchcast to iMovie that you can use.
- Once you have created your piece, DM me and I will share a Google Folder to upload the video and I will splice it together.
- Make the story fun and educational. As you can see, Pirate Duck runs into Google Apps for Education. This could go many, many ways. Be creative.
- The trick is to keep this story going and to create a finished Green Screen Film. I am hoping to at least create a 5 minute film when this is all finished.
I’ve never tried something like this before, but I’m excited in the possibilities it can create. Have fun and good luck.