Yesterday was: “May the 4th be with you.” As many know I am a big Star Wars and sci-fi fan and all this month I’m talking about using Comics in the Classroom for Education. What better way than a little cosplay and creating a lesson that teaches students how to create characters and story break downs.
1. Dress up as a Jedi, Sith or related Star Wars character. You can even go as far as building your own droid.
2. Give your students your name and where you are from and then let them brainstorm.
3. Using Popplet have students take your picture and start creating popplets on your character. They have to create: What are your abilities, your history, your ship, ect.
4. Have students then use related Apps such as Paper, Pic Collage, Stick Around to create a full one page origin story page in Strip Designer and then have them upload or share their finish page with you.
5. Use Book Creator to combine all the completed pages into a finished eBook on your character.
This teaches group collaboration, brainstorming and PBL. Give it a try today and May the Force be with you.