Hitting the midway point to the Pumpkin Tech Smash this week, I’m doing a very simple but elegant Tech Smash with Pumpkins using Plickers.
1. Download and set up your Plickers account on your mobile device.
2. Set up your classes and student ID numbers and print our Plicker cards and laminate them.
3. Take a group of pumpkins and put the student card numbers on each one.
4. Now, create a quiz with Plickers and have students answer each question.
5. The top student who answers the most right picks their pumpkin.
6. Each pumpkin is assigned with a specific role. If the student gets their pumpkin and finds themselves the Student Leader. They have to create a lesson using pumpkins for the class.
7. If the student pumpkin says to roll an App Dice then they to come up with an App Smash to be used i the next lesson. This continues with the top 5 high scorers for the lesson.
This is a great way to differentiate instruction and do a pass off from teacher lead to student lead lessons. Give it a try.